The legalisation / apostillisation of an educational document means certification of validity of a signature on the document, authorisation of a signatory person, authenticity of a seal or stamp, also compatibility of a format and content of the document with the requirements of Georgian legislation.
Subject to legalisation / apostillisation are both the original educational document and notarised copy thereof, as well as the document certifying the identity of a copy with the original document, endorsed by an administrative authority.
Any educational document, issued in Georgia and intended for the use abroad is a subject to legalisation or apostillisation.
The following documents should be submitted to the LEPL - National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement with a purpose of legalisation / apostillisation of educational documents issued in Georgia:
1. An application (an application is filed electronically at the EQE premises; it is also possible the application to be presented by mail – an application form);
2. The original educational document or a notarised copy thereof;
3. A copy of the applicant’s identity card (in case of a foreign document - the notarised translation thereof);
4. In the case filing an application by another person - the document certifying the authority thereof (power of attorney);
5. Receipt certifying the payment of the relevant fee.
Recipient: Legal Entity of Public Law – National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement
Purpose: Fee for document validation
Address: #1, Aleksidze str., Tbilisi, 0193
JSC Bank of Georgia
Bank Code - BAGAGE22
Settlement Account - GE66BG0000000344269500
Identification Code - 202330566