Please be informed that in order to prevent the possible spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), from September 15, 2020, citizens will be admitted to the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement only by pre-booking a visit. The center also continues working online. Services will be provided remotely to both educational institutions and individuals:
· Institutions and individuals can apply and submit documents through the Georgian Post and online through the following websites : www.my.gov.ge , email@example.com and www.eflow.emis.ge (except for the services which require a notarized copy or / and translation.);
· Individuals will be able to receive online video / audio call consultation. For this, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . The center uses Skype, Microsoft Teams and Zoom platforms to make online video calls;
· The Center provides online hearings of the Council’s meeting. For those interested, a link will be posted on the Center's website along with the Council's agenda, which will allow you to attend the meeting online.
We would like to inform you that from November 5, 2020, the visit to the National Center for Education Quality Development will be carried out according to a new principle. Citizens will be able to receive the service only by booking on the portal of http://my.gov.ge
What to consider:
- Booking will be possible only from the website - my.gov.ge. The booking calendar (https://www.my.gov.ge/ka-ge/services/10/sub-services/21 ) is placed in a visible place where the citizen will register.
- After booking, the user will receive a short text message on the specified phone number, which will indicate the one-time service code, which must be submitted to the center employee.
- Citizens can no longer receive services at the center without prior reservation.
- The citizen who visits the center is obliged to undergo thermal screening, hand sanitization and it is necessary to wear a face mask.
- Booking of the service cannot be done through the call center or by visiting the center. The website my.gov.ge should be used to book a visit.
· Only a person interested in receiving the service or his/her official representative should be present onsite;
· In order to receive the service, you must be present on site at the predetermined time. Otherwise, the service will not be provided;
· Citizens are permitted in the building only in case of use of protective mask and thermoscreening.
Services are available from Monday to Friday from 09:00 a.m. to 18:00 p.m.